Hassle-free Tours is privately owned by Mark and Nikki Gilbert and has been operating since early 2003.
Hassle-free Tours is an award winning tour company that specialises in offering unique day tours throughout the spectacular region of Christchurch and Canterbury.
The inspiration for the business came from Nikki and Mark’s extensive travelling during their OE when they realised that some of the most breath-taking scenery they had seen in the world was back home in New Zealand. After doing some research from their flat in London they packed their bags and travelled home to New Zealand to start their next adventure – Hassle-free Tours!
Nikki and Mark believe a tour is more than just seeing the scenery. "We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and giving our guests memorable experiences that will last a life-time."
Today the business has grown from just Mark and Nikki with one vehicle to now employing over 50 staff and operating a fleet of twenty vehicles. The fleet includes five classic 1960's London double decker (open and closed top) buses, new ANKAI open top double decker buses and unique six wheeler land cruises. All vehicles are maintained to the highest standard and have air conditioning and large windows for excellent viewing. Hassle-free Tours operates their entire fleet on Biodiesel to minimize their carbon emissions and they are proud to boast a 5-star NZTA operator safety rating.
Every year Hassle-free Tours welcomes thousands of guests from all over the world. All tours are suited to a variety of ages and nationalities, and are capable of caring for both independent travellers and large groups.
Enjoy a day trip like no other, and book your tour experience with Hassle-free Tours today!
More About Hassle Free Tours..
- In May 2008 Hassle-free Tours was a finalist in two categories of the Tourism Awards.
- In July 2008, Mark was also announced as a PATA Young Tourism Professional award finalist.
- In October 2012, Mark was awarded the 2012 PATA Young Tourism Entrepreneur Award.
- In October 2017 Hassle-free Tours was a finalist in the Champion Canterbury Business Awards.
- In 2017 Hassle-free Tours was awarded a Gold Qualmark™ – New Zealand tourism’s official mark of quality.
- Hassle-free Tours believe in supporting the local community and each year we generously donate more than $15000 worth of tour passes to Canterbury charities, schools, sports clubs and more. We are also proud supporters of registered charities - Ronald McDonald House and Smile Dial New Zealand.
Sustainability and passenger safety
We are 100% committed to protecting our environment and the health and safety of our 'people' - this includes our family of drivers/guides and our valued guests.
- In November 2007 Hassle-free Tours’ conservation efforts were recognised by the New Zealand government when it received a Parliamentary Congratulations for being the first tour company in New Zealand to convert its entire fleet to Bio-diesel.
- Over 90% of our fleet is fitted with E-road fleet management technology which allows us to track and manage our fuel usage. We regularly monitor this to ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible. The technology also provides us with live GPS tracking of our vehicles, monitors driver performance and benchmarks our performance against industry best practice. Using the insights gained from this valuable system we regularly make changes to our tours, vehicles and driving procedures, to help improve our productivity, efficiency and safety.
- We have a recycling programme to ensure minimal waste and impact on our environment. We recycle all plastics, cardboard/paper and food/green waste. We work closely with our suppliers to source environmentally friendly packaging.
- We are constantly upgrading our fleet with new vehicles that offer improved fuel efficiency.
- In 2016 we installed Guardian seeing machines in our long distance travelling vehicles. This cutting edge technology monitors drivers for signs of fatigue and distraction. If an incident occurs it notifies drivers, and management, in real time, to ensure immediate action and prevent possible accident and injury. We were the first tour company in New Zealand to install this life-saving technology.
- All of our off-road vehicles which travel into remote areas are fitted with specialist mountain radios or drivers carry satellite phones.
- We are extremely proud to work in some of the most remote and scenic places in New Zealand but also take this responsibility seriously, ensuring that we teach our guests about the importance of caring for our environment. In all of our tours, guides regularly remind guests to take only photos and leave only footprints. We are proud supporters of the Tiaki Promise and the Tourism Sustainability Commitment.